藥學系三年級賴啟楹出國研習心得分享


研習時間:2012/08/06~2012/08/19

研習地點:澳門

活動名稱:暑期醫院見習

研習類別:海外見習


Through the internship of two weeks in the Centro Hospitalar Conde de São Januário, CHCSJ, this summer holiday became a meaningful and fruitful one. CHCSJ is a public hospital in Macau which means a lot of Macau citizens will choose to visit this hospital and this is quite an important and main medical center in Macau.

Pharmacy Department
  As I am a pharmacy student, I was given an opportunity to practice in the pharmacy department which includes different areas such as unit-dose dispensing (UDD), chemotherapeutics, out-patient pharmacy, in-patient pharmacy, etc. Every day, we need to prepare the drugs for the patients, both the in-patients and put-patients. Therefore, it is quite a great workload. All of us need to be careful as any mistake may make a big problem. This is an important character that I need to learn as being a pharmacist.

I appreciate the working environment and atmosphere of the pharmacy department. All the colleagues, including the pharmacists, technicians and secretaries, they are friendly and keen on teaching us. Under this training, I have understood more about the system of a hospital and the attitudes  of a good, professional pharmacist.


Professional Pharmacists
  All the pharmacists there are experienced and enthusiastic, I definitely have countless of things to learn from them. Every lunch break, one of the pharmacists, Ms. Peggy, asks us a lot of drugs-related questions. In most of the time, we cannot answer the questions at once, thus we all need to look it up at night as homework and response to those issues another day. For this part, I do have a lot of brain-storming and Ms. Peggy reminds me a lot of things which is new to me. I have had a better and new idea about the drug interactions and some practical skills of finding answers of the drugs-related issues.

Friends from different universities
During the internship, I have met a lot of friends from different universities. One of them is from United Kingdom, one is from Mainland China and the others are also from Taiwan. We discuss and share our experiences in various fields, in school or based on some working experiences. This is also an interesting part throughout the internship.


Future Prospect
Very soon, I will have to take the responsibility of looking after the public as well as the patients, giving them the most correct professional comments and information about drug therapy and health care. This program greatly helps and motivates me to take up all challenges and changes in my future career. The pharmacists there always remind me to keep open-minded as being a pharmacist, as the scientific knowledge keep changing or new things are discovered every day. Thus, from now on, I will always remind myself to be open-minded and active! If I will be given a chance to work there again, for sure, it should be my pleasure!






留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

醫學系七年級李旻珊出國研習心得

醫學系 林默涵-科隆大學交換實習

牙醫五 游智傑