口衛二黃玲育

Name:  HUANG LING YU
Student ID:  103017024
Time:  2015/06/25-2015/07/01
Place:  Kyushu Dental College

Since school announced this April , in June we will have an international exchange activity. So, I sign up without hesitation. Through school's documentary review and interview, finally I arrive in Japan and this is my first time to go to Japan. When I arrive at Fukuoka Airport, my journey is about to begin. I'm full of enthusiasm and expectation ,observing the world that now I stand. In this week in Japan , I adapt to their environment and costumes. And thanks to Japanese holdind a Welcome Party for us ,let us have a wonderful night and feel their passion.

At long-term care facility, Kyushu Dental College student brings us to look around and explain timely for us . She is not only serious and responsible, but also let us understand facility more.

And when we visit hospital's department of dentistry, I find that every space is so wide and equipment is also sufficient , all therapeutic environments are different from Taiwan. Among this process,we saw a docter doing endodontic treatment for patient, with enlarge instrument we can see root canals in images very clearly. In theDental Radiology Department , doctors perform how to interpretation images of CT , MRI and cone beam CT, so I think this image is so interesting and thanks doctors demonstrating for us.When we visit in the International Department, doctor demonstrates Ultrasound for us , she uses this instrument let us see her neck ,abdomenand heart's blood vessel and other organs . We are so surprised at these images and so grateful for what docter does. One of the most special thing is the hospital will establish Geriatric Dentistry and Oral Rehabilitation for elderly patients. Because nowadays in Japan proportion of aged population is increase and Taiwan will also faces this problem. So, I can see that the government of Japan put the emphasis on elderly people.

In the afternoon,we have lessons for scalers and curettes with juniors, I find that all students have their own equipment and teacher uses PowerPoint and film to let students understand clearly.When we start to practice ,teacher gives students plenty of time to exercise.And when we operate, both teacher and postgraduate assist beside me . As far as I am concerned, the experiment class is not only time's control but also students' learning abilities plan properly.
On Friday's morning, we go to Oral Health Care and most of health care workers are dental hygienist. But in Taiwan's dental environment are many dentist .So, I think our emphasis on dental care is different from Japan.

On the last day of our activities, we have chewing and swallowing courses with juniors, compared to the teaching methods of Taiwan's teachers , teacher let students use local anesthesia to experience paralysis of the right side of the patient how to chew cookies and swallow . Because some food accumulate in the mouth and patient's the upper jaw has sputum , we need to use cotton swab to clean patient's mouth.This class not only make us experience the people who has paralysis how to eat but also let us learn operating skills . I think this teaching way is more effective than teaching only in the book.

Although this journey is only one week, through visiting university , hospital , clinic and facility, I gained a lot during this time. And I find long-term care facility in Japan also has oral hygienist. Health care workers are not only concerned about people who is in facility general health, but also are concerned about their oral health. Before they start to eat ,workers will do exercise of mouth faciliating their mouths' function. And after eating ,they have to brush their teeth. Therefore, we can learn that even if elderly people or sick person in Japan, they also pay attention to their oral health. However, Taiwan does not place a high value on it.

In my opinion , I am very happy and cherish the moment that I have a chance to join this significant activity . And I would like to thank everyone for hospitality you showed us. To make a long story short, this international exchange benefites me a lot.
         


留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

醫學系七年級李旻珊出國研習心得

醫學系 林默涵-科隆大學交換實習

牙醫五 游智傑