藥學系三年級賴啟楹出國研習心得分享



研習時間:2012/06/30~2012/07/31

研習地點:加拿大 Toronto

活動名稱:藥學生實習及交流(IPSF)

研習類別:研習交換


Report and Feedback on the Student Exchange Programme 2012

  Time flies, I still remember the days I am preparing for the exchange programme, filling a lot of forms and do a lot of research works. However, all these things are worth to do so as the exchange programme is really fantastic. This summer is certainly a happy and memorable one!

Professional Knowledge
In July, 2012, I have been spending several weeks in Toronto, Canada and have an internship of pharmacy practice there. Student Exchange Programme (SEP) is one of the main activities in IPSF. It is a mobility programme that gives students from all over the world the opportunity to get to know pharmacy in a different country. The place where I stay is a community pharmacy, in which a lot of people will come for their prescriptions every day. Most of them are elderly, so we need to be patient, speak slowly and clearly when explaining the usage of each drugs for them.

Beside some counseling skills, ways of finding answers (drug information or some pharmacy related questions), the most important thing is that I have learnt about the attitude of looking after the patients. To be pharmacists, we need to understand that pharmaceutical science updates and new things arise every single day, thus a correct attitude is more important. With a correct attitude, you can find a way to be a good pharmacist easily.    

Culture
During weekends, I visit different places in Toronto with my friends. I have been to the Niagara Falls, CN tower, night markets etc. They are all great places! Among them, I love the Niagara Falls mostly, because of its greatness and magnificence. The Niagara Falls is renowned both for its beauty and as a valuable source of hydroelectric power. It is a great fine arts of the nature. Through visiting, I have met a lot of new friends and learn more about the culture and history of Canada. Canada is certainly such a comfortable place that people feel relax there. Besides, Toronto is a multicultural place as people from different countries live there. I can see lots of different faces there, Canadian, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, African etc. Thus, I can try delicious food of different countries as well.


Friendship
As I love playing sports, every weekend, I will cycle to the beach and play beach-volley. This is the first time for me to play beach-volley and ultimate Frisbee.
These two sports are very popular in North America and they are interesting and exciting. Each time of going to the beach, I can meet some new friends as we all do not know who will join each time. All of us just come to the beach and have fun. We do not mind who is coming, everything is so causal and simple. I think this is a good culture of them. I have a very happy time with them.

Lastly, I want to thank our university and the International Pharmaceutical Student’s Federation, giving me this chance to learn abroad. It is certainly a full experience. This program greatly helps and motivates me to take up all intellectual and physical challenges and changes in my future career. Take control of our own future, world is just around the corner, right?

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

醫學系七年級李旻珊出國研習心得

醫學系 林默涵-科隆大學交換實習

牙醫五 游智傑