醫學六曾柏彰

姓名: 曾柏彰
學系: 醫學系六年級
出國事由: 姊妹校交換 - 哈佛見習
出國時間: 2013/10/25~2013/11/24

I really learned a lot and had a great time in Children’s Hospital. This is a wonderful course.

1. The most wonderful part is the different approaches to patient from the aspects of in-patient, out-patient, neurology, psychiatry, PT, OT, social work, etc. These give us a whole picture and help us to take more into consideration when taking care of patients.


2. I really enjoyed those schedules such as Waltham, Child's Life, OT, etc, because of more opportunities to interact with patients. I really had a good time with them.

3. It will be nice to begin with CCS team. Although this is the most complicated part, but we have more time and opportunities to know more about the patients, join the discussion, ask questions and learn. On the other hand, many patients visiting the clinics are for following up. We will know better about what is most concerned if we have been to in-patient department first. Also, we will learn more after the experience in in-patient department, since the clinics are usually busy and time-limited.
4. Being assigned to a team in Fegan 10 at the beginning and having longer time in CCS team will be great.

B. I would like to especially thank some people I met during the course:

1. Doctors in OPD, they were all very kind and shared their wonderful experience and knowledge with me. Dr. Davidson, she gave me many opportunities to join her physical examination.

2. Doctors in development department and their team, they let me join thoroughly their discussion and the kind and thoughtful care of a boy with family issue.

3. People in Waltham explained and let me experience the amazing technology assisting patients to communicate in Waltham.

4. Doctors in neurology consultation team, they patiently listened to my presentation about the cases of neurology consultation and gave me great advice.

5. I have the most wonderful experience in CCS team. They were always happy and enjoyed their clinical lives, despite many difficulties and complicated patient's condition. I was really touched. They all were very friendly, taught me a lot, took care of me, let me have lots of opportunities to join their discussion and care of patient.

6. Dr. Munir, he is really a humorous gentleman. He told me Dr. Crocker’s story. Dr. Crocker told the Down syndrome children that they are beautiful, which no one did before. He called every patient at night to know if they were doing well. I was really touched by the way Dr. Munir interacted with his patient and his story.
My course had a really unforgettable ending, Dr. Nathan's speech. He said "The most important part in pediatrics is following up. You will grow up with them." In the end of this letter, I would like to thank you again for the opportunities to grow up with the wonderful children in the hospital. They were all my best teachers and the most beautiful ones.

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

醫學系七年級李旻珊出國研習心得

醫學系 林默涵-科隆大學交換實習

醫學二李嫣雯