口衛系三年級紀彣潔



Kaohsiung Medical University’s student,
Wen Chieh Chi’s Experience Report
Throughout these days, I have learned very much about Dental Hygiene. Also saw how different kind of roles between Taiwan’s and Japan’s dental hygienists.
       The first time we went to the hospital, we went to Periodontal Department. There I saw many different things. First, I was surprised by Mr. Inagaki, willing to spend one hour or more on one patient. In Taiwan, it is almost impossible to see such thing. Mr. Inagaki was very patient, and taught the patient over and over again until he or she had learned the skill. By standing and watching, I have learned how to correctly use the interdental brush. While operating, he explained what he was doing and his purpose at the same time. I had learned a lot that day.
        The next day we went to Oral Hygiene Department. For me, this was the most important department to visit. This was the day for me to see clearly what difference and effort can an oral hygienist can do. Also, I could make a clear difference between Japan’s and Taiwan’s dental hygienist. That day I saw how Mrs. Gotou and other hygienists led the patient to answer questions and to say more information about their oral habits. Besides asking questions and teaching cleaning skills, at the end they washed the patient’s teeth and scaled supragingival calculus. At Taiwan, this is not allowed. Then another finding was about the patient’s attitude. They knew what to say and had a very positive attitude toward oral cleaning. This is another surprising thing.
        Then 5 days later, we went to Conservative and Prosthodontics Department. I can feel that the patients really had faith and trust on the doctors. Thanks to Mr. Yanagihara, we had a little practice of preparing before the next patient come in. That day I learned the order of wiping places. Also saw how Mr. Yanagihara respond to different kind of patients. Besides Mr. Yanagihara, we could also see how Mr. Oda’s and his hygienist’s reactions with patients, but it was a pity that when we went to see them, they were already finished.
        Besides going to the hospital, we also went to Shimizu Dental Clinic. Mr. Shimizu was a very kind teacher. He taught us many things and showed us many pictures in order to understand better. That day I also saw how useful a hygienist can be. They could help the doctor wash teeth and take notes of patient’s oral information. They could even help the patient plan a plan of oral cleaning instructions. At the end of that day, they had a group meeting. Sharing plans and discussing how to improve patient’s oral health.
        We also attend the many classes. First we attended impression, hand washing, bleaching, and experiencing being inconvenient. The most impressive classes are hand washing and being inconvenient. Before hand washing class, I was confident that my hand would be clean after washing, but to my surprise, I had fluorescent agent everywhere! Due to this class, I knew that I have to be more mindful when washing hands. Then the last day of class, we had to pretend that we are blind, handicapped, or dulled bodied. Pretending having dulled body was the first time to experience. The instruments are so cool! I could actually walk very uncomfortably! I really had fun that day. Of course, I learned how inconvenient and hard for elders to walk and move. This could remind me how to treat elders in the future.
        Through these days, I have learned very much. Thanks with all my heart to every hardworking teachers and those who took care of us. Thank you very much for giving me this opportunity to have this chance to come to Aichi Gakuin University and learn very much about oral hygiene. I will treasure this opportunity! Hope to come back and visit Japan! Looking forward to see you all soon!




留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

醫學系七年級李旻珊出國研習心得

醫學系 林默涵-科隆大學交換實習

醫學二李嫣雯